The Monday Morning News in English (General Conversation)Report Concern
- Language taught: English
- Course type: Other
- Sessions taught: 119
- 60 minute session - 250 ITC
Monday is a great day to take this course because we take a look at the big Sunday issues of some of the best English-language newspapers--The London Times, The New York Times, The Guardian, The Boston Globe and The Washington Post (both of which I’ve written for), among several others. Here’s what you’ll get out of this lesson: 1. Learn to comprehend, discuss and enjoy international newspapers in English. 2. Pick up news-related and general vocabulary. In fact, you can select your own vocabulary to learn from the article(s) you choose. 3. Learn how to skim and scan news and feature articles. 4. Find--and then practice--various grammar structures in the paper. 5.Practice writing direct and indirect quotes. Best of all: the newspaper lesson is a relaxing activity for a Monday morning (or any other time of week we choose together).
This class is actually 50 minutes long, which is the best length of time for a language lesson.
Ilene Springer is also teaching
- Group Conversation Lessons (advanced students only)
- Resumes, Cover Letters, Interviews and On-the-Job Advice for English-speaking Workplaces
- Exploring Ancient Egypt in English (for one or two advanced students)
- How to Write ANYTHING in English: Articles, Essays, Reports, Emails (formal and informal)