Focus on PronunciationReport Concern
- Language taught: English
- Course type: Other
- Sessions taught: 128
- 30 minute session - 100 ITC
- 45 minute session - 125 ITC
- 60 minute session - 150 ITC
- 5 x 30 minutes - 400 ITC
- 5 x 45 minutes - 500 ITC
- 5 x 60 minutes - 600 ITC
Do you have problems with English pronunciation?
This course will help, with both general pronunciation and exercises to help with the specific sounds you have trouble with.
These sessions are great fun, with nonsensical tongue twisters and silly sentences - which really do help! You can also expect to enhance your vocabulary, as we will be reading aloud from articles which (hopefully!) interest you, and the pronunciation exercises involve lots of novel words! Having fun with pronunciation will also improve your confidence.
I recommend a session length of 45 minutes for this course, as pronunciation takes concentration and 60 minutes can be a little exhausting. However, if you feel like you can handle a longer session, feel free to book it!
A typical session would involve:
1. Reading aloud: this helps me hear the sounds you have trouble with, and correct you on specific words. You can feel free to suggest articles you would like to practise with. (5-15 mins - depending on the article!)
2. Discussing any new vocabulary you came across or what we think of the subject. (10-20 mins)
3. Targeted pronunciation exercises, such as tongue twisters, minimal pairs and dictated sentences. These vary depending on the sounds you need to work on.
Feel free to book a trial session beforehand so we can discuss your needs and interests!