Pronunciation Improvement for ESL Speakers!Report Concern
- Language taught: English
- Course type: Other
- Sessions taught: 0
- 30 minute trial session - 60 ITC
- 45 minute session - 100 ITC
- 60 minute session - 120 ITC
- Course Description:
Individualized pronunciation practice and drills for English as a Second Language (ESL) speakers.
- Course Objectives:
at the conclusion of this course, students should be able to:
1. Recite English words demonstrating front, central, and back pronunciation of vowels.
2. Recite English words using consonant sounds, including stops, fricatives, affricates, nasals, liquid sounds, and glides.
3. Identify correct sounds and words from minimal pairs and consonant clusters.
4. Recite grammatical endings, including "s," "es," and "ed."
5. Speak and read aloud words based on standard English stress patterns.
6. Speak and read aloud phrases and sentences using standard English intonation (stress) patterns.
7. Identify statemens and questions based on standard English intonation patterns.