Pam
Still not having any luck finding new practice partner..Any suggestions?
Aug 10, 2015 2:39 PM
Comments · 22

Comandante! I don't think that the fact she's a native speaker of English makes things easier for her. Doing language exchange requires much more than "Let's exchange languages", it requires action which unfortunately a big number of people don't know how to do it.

Why do you think many people prefer to pay informal tutors to have free conversation? Simply because they know that they'll have that specific time scheduled, they know that there'll be audio/video chat included and that for that specific amount of time scheduled, they'll be able to practice their target language. 

Many Russians write to me saying that they want to help me with their language, but they never get in action. Once a girl sent me a message, very straight forward " Hi, would you like to talk on Skype? ", I said " yes " and we managed to talk through video chat for almost 1 hour. Simple as that. But many people are not communicative, hesitate in talking through audio/video or don't know how to develop a conversation which at the end, it doesn't matter if you're a native english speaker, if you don't have the skills or don't find someone that will have the skills, it won't work! 

August 10, 2015

@Murillo Costa: I agree with you with all of what you have said. I was speaking about the fact that lots of people want to learn English so it will be easy for a native English to find someone. To make it simple to understand, there is very small number of native Spanish who want to learn Arabic so inorder to find a language exchange with them I must speak with them in English not Arabic. Keeping in mind the huge time difference, so it will add more difficulties. This is my point.

August 10, 2015

Oh and in case you didn't know "I am very outgoing" and " I will talk to anyone"

August 10, 2015

Murillo.. I do have a big problem with people asking if I have skype and of course i do. So I give them my skype ID. Then it turns into a big text conversation. Which is good, sort of, because I do need to improve my writing (Spainsh) but thats not why I use skype. I could write back and forth here. (and I do sometimes). I need real spainsh speakers that want to EXCHANGE. (English and Spainsh) I get tons of people that are from non spanish speaking countries that want to exchange but I don't want to learn anything but spainsh. (I am in love with spanish). I need advice on how to get "real" partners. What I have been doing is not working. 

August 10, 2015

My name is  Pam but you can call me whatever you want!! hehe

August 10, 2015
Show more