M Teresa
Do you think that money gives you the happiness?
Aug 12, 2015 4:24 PM
Comments · 30

Can I just correct you on an important language point, M Teresa? In English, abstract nouns ( such as 'love', 'hate', 'poverty') don't take an article (the) when you are speaking about these concepts in general terms. So, your question should be 'Do you think that money gives you happiness?' Or you can use the more common phrasing in English 'Does money bring happiness?' or 'Can money buy happiness?'

And the answer?

Up to a point. A person who has enough money to eat is happier than someone who is starving. A person who has a roof over his head and shoes on his feet is happier than someone who doesn't. A person with a bit of money in the bank is happier than a person in debt. Beyond that? No, it probably doesn't.

August 12, 2015

well, i would like to quote.

'if you think money cant buy happiness, you dont know where to shop.'

August 12, 2015

In my opinion, althoug you can purchase a lot of goods by money, there are still more thing that you can't buy by money,such as happiness, true love , friendship ,etc.So be the master of money,but not the slave of money 

August 12, 2015

yes of course it can gives us happiness.
maybe it's not the only important thing but it's one of the most importants one 

August 12, 2015

It is a fact (and not my opinion) that huge amounts of money don't cause happiness.

another fact is that very limited amounts of money, especially when somebody is young

and needs preparation for its future could give severe restrictions and limits on

his or her possibilities, denying (as an example) the possibility of planning what

is best and what could be otherwise achieved.

This facts could in turn produce bitterness, frustration and even depression that is the

anti-matter of happiness.

The 'amount of money' is more negatively correlated with lack of happiness than positively correletad

to happiness.

It is also a fact that in times of restrictions (if not terribly severe) some people in the long run 'outperform themselves', due to necessity, therefore a moderate lack of money could produce

better plan-making, concentrate to what is really important in life, and the end result could be

an increment in self-esteem, therefore solid ground for future  happiness.

August 12, 2015
Show more