Reese
English words

I tried memorize English words. But, It's not easy.
How do you memorize English words? Do you have a tip?

Aug 13, 2015 12:42 PM
Comments · 5

I have many tips, I am a teacher ;-) but the main one is not to try and learn lists of words with no context, you will never remember them and it will be boring, and you won't know how to use them correctly.

Try to use songs, movies, or funny sentences that help you to remember things.

August 13, 2015

Going to article you found eassy is very benift for you.

its talking about how you memorize words.

August 17, 2015

I very like to learn new words with flashcards. Earlier, I used flashcards cutted from a paper sheet, but now I've even written a computer program for this purpose. You can download it:

http://www.filedropper.com/flashcards_2

August 17, 2015

Hi, Reese, I had the same problem and recently started using a special application that helps to memorize words (or wharever you want).

It's like card where you write a word on its one side and word's diffinition or translation on the other side. Then the program shows you only one side and you need to remember what's written on the other. The program knows which words you remember good and which words you remember poorly, so it offers you to review only words you need to review.

Sorry for awkward explanation, just wanted to try.

The name of application is AnkiDroid for Android and SuperMemo for Apple (don't know if we're allowed to write any Names here, it's not an ad!!)

August 13, 2015

Hello, Ruthi. When I memorize, I always use lists of words with context. ㅠㅠ haha.....

You're right. It's really boring and sleepy. I tried use songs and movies but I didn't try with funny sentences not yet. I will use this method sooner or later. Many Thanks!

August 13, 2015