Ioanna
I need help in portuguese!

Anyone in need to practise his english and help me with portuguese? Message me if you're interested! Also,i have a question,i know that in portuguese obrigado is used by men and obrigada by women,then why do i also hear women(native speakers) saying obrigado?? 

Aug 20, 2015 3:30 PM
Comments · 35

When a woman says "Obrigado" in Portuguese, she's making a gramatical mistake. And that's horrible to hear :(

August 21, 2015

Loanna, go getting used to it! You'll hear millions of grammatical mistakes from Brazilians. Much more horrible mistakes than this tiny little one you mentioned :DDDD

August 21, 2015

Hi Loanna, how are you ?
I'm Brazilian and I can help you with portuguese. My English is just okay but I guess it won't be a problem.
About your question: to be honest I think they were just having an informal talk.
Because the correct way is: 
women - obrigada
men - obrigado 

August 20, 2015

Thiago When men also say "obrigada" it's also horrible to hear. The problem it's many persons thing that change according to the people we are talking. Some think just because we are a man and the other person a woman we should say "obrigada" and vice-versa what it's wrong. 

May 7, 2016

Hey! I can help you in Portuguese and I would gladly help you with that!! I need help to practice and to improve my English. 

Well, in some Portuguese words has differences of gender and this is in grammar. For example: 

women - obrigada

men - obrigado 

women- amiga (friend)

men - amigo (friend)

August 24, 2015
Show more