Ednaldo
What do you think about Brazil?

When you hear about Brasil, what do you think?

Aug 25, 2015 1:37 PM
Comments · 31

I'm a U.S. native...

Wavey sidewalks in Rio. Statue of Christ, the Redeemer. "The Girl from Ipanema." Heitor Villa-Lobos. Amazing pictures of Brasilia rising from bare ground. (Only thing I remember from a movie, "That Man from Rio," Jean-Paul Belmondo, were the scenes showing Brasilia). The Amazon. The Embraer jet planes that are very popular on short airline routes within the U.S. The wonderful flag, visually my favorite of all national flags.

Growing GDP, growing stock market, considered an "emerging market." 

A few years ago I read a fascinating nonfiction book, probably interesting mostly to U.S. readers: <em>Fordlandia: The Rise and Fall of Henry Ford's Forgotten Jungle City, </em>by Greg Grandin, about a very weird episode in history. Henry Ford, concerned about U.S. dependence on Malayan rubber, tried to create a rubber plantation and a typical American small town, and export the culture of small-town Michigan into the Brazlian rain forest. It was located near Santarém, Brazil. Ford's people knew nothiing about rubber or Brazil but were totally confident that a general U.S. "know-how" attitude was all that was needed. The project was a total failure.

August 27, 2015

Not much, Brazil isn't really discussed much compared to Spanish countries and Asian countries like Japan & Korea (thanks to dramas). 

However I think your flag looks super cool! :)

And people say Brazilian Portuguese is a very beautiful language because it sounds like singing. 

August 26, 2015

Foreigners usually think about these five things (in this order)

1 soccer -- Brazilian soccer is still the most popular and probably the best in the world. Everyone knows Ronaldo and Kaka

2 Crime -- this one is true. Brazil is the world's third most dangerous country only before Venezuela and Honduras. We are still afraid to walk on the street without being robbed

3 Carnival -- A typical Brazilian tradition Carnival is remembered by its music, dance and, of course, naked women and sex

4 Amazon -- as the world's biggest tropical forest people think most Brazilians are still Indians living in trees

5 economic growth and crisis -- no one understands why Brazil was so well and then became so bad later. Me either. It's very complex

August 28, 2015

Carnaval, beautiful beaches, football, people are nice and beautiful women.

August 26, 2015

Belly dance, capoeira, ancient forests.
BTW, That Ninjia 250 looks cool.

August 26, 2015
Show more