ScissorsLuv
Any questions about the italian culture and lifestyle? Just ask!

Ciao! 

I've read a discussion about American lifestyle and culture and I found it very helpful. 

So I thought that was a great idea to help people who want to know something about italians aswell! one of the Italki community goals is to share information about your Country and culture to help people understand more about your language (expecially idioms) and about the world around them!

If you have any questions, just ask :)

Aug 27, 2015 11:32 AM
Comments · 12

Italian children are usually very good at singing. But don't think we all are awesome singera,  that's not true! Some people are terrible ahahah 

Keep practicing and good luck!!

:)

August 27, 2015

@Yannik yes you can. Almost everyone knows english (at least basic english) so if you speak using easy words you won't have problems. Maybe that would be a bit hard to meet someone who knows english very well in little villages

Don't ask me how, we italians always find a way to understand the others and make them understand us even if we don't speak the same language. I think our hands gestures help a lot lol

August 27, 2015

no no ~ hahaha, no, I am kidding really!

I know it is impossible that the essay could without punctuations.

but to us, the some long sentences is really too long at least comparing with english. your italian must have a good vital capacity or a good lung! So there is no doubt that your italian children even can sing songs very well, Once I watched a tv program of singing competition of italian children, oh, mamma mia, everyone is singer genius! every one is Pavarotti or Andrea Bocelli!

I really think speaking italian well related to singing opera! therefore I will try to learn it better , then singing oprea! In fact, I tried once, I tried Il Sole Mio, Since I tried it, I've been a lttle happy princess!! like her. (✿✪‿✪。)ノ

that's why italian is always very happy!

August 27, 2015

Can I survive in Italy if I only speak English ?

August 27, 2015

Hi, I'm italian my name is Claudia and I'm glad to share this kind of things with people who's inquiring about Italy and Italians!

You have to know that basically in Italy everything revolves around food! We are into food, for real! 

You have and important work meeting? Well I'm sure that if you were in Italy there would be a endless duffet full of delicious things! 

Well... I think is not hard to understand it becouse our cooking is really great, but I don't know if it's the best one! 

What else? I can say that Italians are always in a hurry, all the time! No like British people! :D

When I was in England people literally runs from right to left! But at the same time they are not like Spanish people :D Because when I was in Barcelona I noticed that the lifestyle is slower, for example the meals start later than in Italy! I could say that we are always "quite in a hurry" :D

I don't know if it's becoming a commonplace but It's not totally true that Italians prefer living with families! Probably this happens with man.... Yes, probably yes! There is a large percentage of men that at the age of 40 are still living with their families! 

I hope that my contribution will help you! 

Bye!

August 27, 2015
Show more