sahar
In your country

Hi everyone! I,m doing some research and I need your help.This is the question:How much is teacher's salary in your country?

Aug 28, 2015 1:25 PM
Comments · 8

Do not ask please :) 

August 28, 2015

It depends. Newly qualified teachers earn around £22000 a year, and if you work in London it will be more because it is more expensive to live there. There is potential for that to increase if you become promoted to head of yeargroup, head of department, a senior position within the school etc. You also get paid more if you have more experience.

Teaching is becoming a less and less attractive position here though. There is too much bureaucracy, too much paperwork, too many unrealistic expecations placed on teachers by the government and senior management teams and given the amount of hours they are expected to spend working, preparing, marking etc. the pay is not that good. I saw a rather scary statistic the other day that 40% of people that qualify as a teacher quit within one year. It is a concern.

August 28, 2015

It depends what kind of school and how many hours they work. Most teachers make very low salaries worldwide. In fact language teachers like myself get paid extremely low salaries in most countries. WE are all very poor :-(

August 28, 2015

2000 € per motn at least. with many days of vacation.

August 28, 2015

USD 600-900$ in China.

February 19, 2016
Show more