Yi Wen
What's the taboo and superstition in your country?

You're not supposed to give a clock as a gift in Chinese culture. Because it's pronounced like the Chinese word for "attending a funeral". 

So I want to know do you have any similar taboos and superstition in your country? Please share here. :)

Aug 29, 2015 9:23 AM
Comments · 2

In Uruguay there are some superstitions,but not all believe that if you don´t do that,you will have bad luck.

You should not walk under a ladder.The ladder makes a triangle. The triangle represents the Trinity,In ancient times,at the beggining of Christianity,this was seen as a blasphemy.

To walk through this triangle (by walking under the ladder) was seen as breaking the Trinity. The bible talks about the one unforgivable sin being blaspheming against the Holy Spirit, so someone who breaks the Trinity is seen to be in league with the Devil.

August 29, 2015

there are lots of superstitions, but we use them as jokes. no one really belives in them anymore.

these are things like,

.Dont walk under a ladder

.Dont let a black cat cross your path

.Dont step on the cracks in the road. 

see, they are all quite strange. i dont know where the ladder one came from, but the black cat is to do with witchcraft i think, and the crack one has a rhyme to go with it :) 

August 29, 2015