Leyla
Community Tutor
Life with adventure, with adrenalin or harmonic life ?

Today at my work place I asked patient's anamnes (complains,habits,about other diseases and life). And he said me that he likes adrenalin. I answered, yes, it is very interesting life with adventure.But do you think about results? It can happen bad things with you.

Friends, what do you chose? 

Harmonic life without adventure or interesting life with adrenalin ?

Aug 29, 2015 12:26 PM
Comments · 13

There's a common phrase said between my friends and I - "go big or go home". I think a life without adventure and pushing the boundaries would be boring, to be honest. There's a time and place for everything. There are very few people who spend their entire lives pursuing extreme activities, and there is always rest and peace at times. I think we can adapt the words of Socrates, that 'a life unexamined is a life not worth living' to this; if we don't pursue aspects of life that are alien to us, we may be unbeknownst missing out on so much more. There's also a fine line between daring and recklessness.

August 31, 2015

Lea, you are absolutely right. We have to regard extreme sport not like attraction such as roller coasters. If somebody decides to deal with extreme, then he should spend a lot of time for preparing. Our instructor asked us the same questions about preparing for the flight every lessons. So if somebody wake up me I would answer them without any pause. He wanted that our  actions and deeds became automatically right. And our teacher always pay attention to flight safety.If you follow all the safety regulations, the accident will be much less. However, there are concepts such as fate, coincidence, a fatal accident.
I wish you all a good day and happy long life!

August 31, 2015

@Yijaha: I feel sorry about the girl who lived nearby you. I heard a lot about this stories but it never happened to people around me.

I always want to do extreme sport, like bungee jumping, but I never had a chance. I wish one day I can try it. I tried fly paraplane once but not too high, because they tied a string into the paraplane. It's different with the sport you have tried.

Nowadays there's a lot of young people try something extreme just for stupid selfie. Death by selfie is freaking me out. I don't understand though why they did that kind of things. Maybe they wanted people see they were amazing because of those selfie pictures. The improving of technology should not get people, especially young generation die ridiculously. 

August 31, 2015

For the past 30 years I have worked as an occupational health and safety consultant and trainer.

My goal was always to tell the company managers, supervisors and workers to identify a hazard, estimate the risk and take the necessary precautions to minimize or reduce the risk to zero.

A hazard is any source of potential damage, harm or adverse health effects on something or someone.

Risk is the chance or probability that a person will be harmed or experience an adverse health effect if exposed to a hazard. It may also apply to situations with property or equipment loss.

So, before anyone does anything that includes a hazard, they should consider the risk (the chance) that something bad could happen.

This can be done simply by asking "What if...".

Hence the English idiom "Think before you leap".

[http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/Look+before+you+leap]

August 31, 2015

It is a very difficult question, at least for me. I always think about this subject, especially last three days. My family prefers active life. We trip on motorcycle, my husband fly on paraplane (I did the same before my pregnancy).

Yesterday there was funeral in my town. The girl died flying on paraplane with engine, the rescuers found her body on pine-tree. She was a really gorgeous girl, 25 years old. Her appearance, mettle, spontaneity attracted a lot of guys.

My sister hiked with her, my husband met her on common events. Fortunately, I have never met her, because even so I am too impressed that sad[news. My mind refuses to accept death of young people. I constantly think that she is a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a future mother.

My husband and I spoke about this tragic event. Everybody can recall several events in our life, where a frontier between death and life were too close. Everybody thoughts at that moments: "Uf, I am so lucky, it could be awful irreparable case and only lucky circumstance has safed me"

Extreme are very different. I don't understand people that almost lose their heads. But in my opinion, nowadays it is more dangerous to ride on the highway than skydiving (of course, with good responsible preparation)

August 31, 2015
Show more