Leo
The durian - do you love it or hate it?

Imagine this: the most expensive fruit in the world; texture of an avacado; sweet as a date; no tartness at all; very strong smell and flavor something like rotten garlic. Hotels in southeast asia have "no durian" signs, because the smell will linger forever. 

Does this sound like a fruit you could love? Not to me. I've tried it out of curiosity and hate it. How about you?

Aug 30, 2015 7:51 PM
Comments · 5

Durian is the fruit I like most. In my Indonesia, durian is not expensive fruit, especially when harvest season. Grape and kiwi is expensive here. I think durian is the most fruit that people hate and love. Some of my friends don't like it because of they don't like the smell. For me, I don't mind the smell. Here we have the worst smelly fruit is jengkol or dogfruit. I hate the taste and the smell. The smell is like garbage, lol. I think some of food is also has a bad smell, for example parmesan cheese.. I think all is about the preference. 

August 31, 2015

I assume that if you manage to finish the whole fruit, it renders you immortal?

August 30, 2015

@Phil - I sure hope so, or all my trials were for naught.

@Lea - I agree with your love/hate statement. I've never heard anyone say "it's so-so", "it's not bad" or "I could take it or leave it". They either love it or hate it.  

August 31, 2015

You talked about "love or hate", but some people believe durians are matter of "live or die" just when you take them with alcohol. It's just a local myth or rumor, I think, but still there are lot of people out there who believe so. Next time when you want to kill yourself, why don't you try?

August 31, 2015

Stinky-feet cheese from France is the best (I think it's called "brie")   ;)

August 31, 2015