Luciana Pegoraro
Professional Teacher
Learning Article : Why You Shouldn't Be In A Rush When Learning A Language

Discuss the Article : Why You Shouldn't Be In A Rush When Learning A Language

<a href='/article/525/why-you-shouldnt-be-in-a-rush-when-learning-a-language' target='_blank'>Why You Shouldn't Be In A Rush When Learning A Language</a>

Many students start learning a language with a huge sense of urgency. However, sometimes the best thing to do is just relax! This article will explain why it is best not to rush language learning, but instead to focus on learning an entire culture as well.

Aug 31, 2015 12:00 AM
Comments · 5

I have been learning Italian for about 10 years, but I read Italian novels on skype with an Italian friend because I would miss so much without her explanations. I could, of course, read on my own and use a dictionary, but it's time-consuming looking up a lot of words and I want to know the sense of what's written, not the meaning of every word.

September 3, 2015

Great post.

I love how you mention how students have to have an active role in the language learning process.

It's true, as students we get impatient during the learning process. Often we don't know if we are improving, it's so hard to tell.

That's why, students really have to keep some kind of progress log. We document our skills, recording our lessons, writing notes,  so we can look back and then, see and appreciate the progress.

September 3, 2015

Very good suggest, I always have this kind of status,I want it can be fluent urgently without any improvement。 thanks!

September 5, 2015

Thank you for the article! It gave me some inspiration and support for my teaching activity. I have recently found myself thinking about the same things as I get enourmous quantity of ads in the FB and other social nets attracting people with 3 months results in learning English, where the focus is on the speed rather than on the process. I am glad to find a co-thinker :)

September 30, 2015

Yay!  Great article, important message, IMHO.  A few people recently have said they want to slow done and learn one thing thoroughly -- even it takes a few weeks or a month.  It's nice to have the time to immerse yourself in one theme / one area of grammar and feel comfortable / confident with it. 

September 10, 2015