Soojin
What is your favourite food or things you would buy if you visit Korea?!!? (한국오면 꼭 살것들!?)

Hi all,

Let's share what sort of things you would buy if you come to Korea!

So far, I found out that travellers like to take ...

- Nail clipper

- Kim (Dried seaweed)

- Nuh-gu-ri ramen (너구리 라면)

Please share!

Aug 31, 2015 3:17 AM
Comments · 17

I live in Korea, so maybe I'm not one you wanted to answer this. I thought about answering in Korean, but you seem to want this to be in English, so, I'll do that.

Doeji Guk-Bap (돼지국밥) is one of my favorites (and now, you can probably guess that I live in Busan, right? :) )

I also love Hoi (회), but I hate how the Romanization rules tell us we should spell that. No English speaker will pronounce it right :).

Other foods I love include doenjang jjigae, Chunggukjang Jjigae (진짜 :) ), Soon Dooboo, Bibimbap, and hongeo. Of course, I also like the American standy-bys of Bulgogi and Galbi. I work in Seoul often, too, so I can deal with the somewhat milder food of Seoul, but in general, I LOVE strong, bold tastes, and I LOVE spicy food. I eat Kimchi with almost every meal, too. I have eaten boondegi and I can eat that without a problem, but honestly, that is not one of my favorite things to eat.

My favorite street food to get while walking around is Hoddeuk, and this goes back to many years ago when I lived in Korea in the 1980s. Of course, there are many other street foods I love as well. On cold days, stopping and getting  odeng always appeals to me - especially drinking the hot broth.

I'm not sure what more to buy, but I love going to the markets. Shinsegae Centum city is not far from my house, but it's much more fun for me to go to the markets such as International Market (국제 시장) and Jagalchi Fish market in Busan. Namdaemun market in Seoul is fun as well. I like many kinds of markets here.

I love living in Korea. It's so different from what it was when I was here in the 1980s, but even so, I love the culture, the food, the people, and comparing Busan with other cities where I have lived (which includes San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai), Busan is my favorite (부산은 제 제2의 고향이다!).

So that's just a start for me.

August 31, 2015

감사해요~~
그러면 꼭꼭 씹으며 산낙지를 먹어볼때 안 죽을걸 바랍니다. ^^

September 3, 2015

한국으로 가다면 살고 있고 접시에서 움지기는 해산물을 소스와 같이 정말 먹고 싶어요. :) 이 요리 이름을 잘 모르는데 누구나 알면 써주세요.

August 31, 2015

Bulgogi and Soon Tofu!

August 31, 2015

@abolfazl rezvani

Thanks for your opinion.

So you don't really like Korean food.

Well yeah right, we all need to learn Chinese. They are growing fast!! Some Korean words share Chinese characters and they are very interesting to learn but still so hard. So many words.

I heard from somewhere even natives can't know all the Chinese that words exist in China.

And if you visit Korea, unfortunately you can only visit one side, South. ;)

August 31, 2015
Show more