Vanchi
Your favorite English teacher

I often remember my secondary school English teacher who was my inspiration for studying English and being the English language lover that I am today. He was kind of a weirdo, always dressed up to the nines with shiny shoes and slick hair. Back in the day, the rumor has it that he was a party maniac and that he would often hang out with students outside the school premises, and sometimes even get drunk with them. But I loved him. He was s true inspiration to me. He always kept me going, pushing me further to achieve my best. I wish all other teachers were like him. He really cared about his students and he always, always tried to give us his best and all so that we would thrive. I remember our very first introductory class in the first year when he was explaining his rules of behavior on his classes (in English, of course), and he had this amazing British accent, truly spot on. He then said, as one of the very important rules, "don't bey late". My friend and I looked at one another, and were like "what's bey?" He always spoke English with us in class, and whenever he needed to explain something really important so that the entire class would understand, he would ask us for permission to speak in Serbian for five minutes. What a delightful freak.

What was your favorite English teacher? Did they make you want to learn or study English? 

Aug 31, 2015 2:51 PM