Monique
Is Arabic hard to learn?
Sep 2, 2015 10:25 AM
Comments · 14

first you have to know what kind of arabic you want to learn if you want to speak arabic that not really easy butt.. if you want to understand every thing in poems and stuff like that  it very hard because arabic it large languge and if you talking about gramair and the knowlges of arabic ot pretty hard even for arabic ... 

September 2, 2015

Yes, it's hard. However, how hard it is depends on the learner's skill and motivation. As a beginner, here are somethings that are giving me a huge headache:

-Knowing how to pronounce words from reading text: Most text you will read does not have the diacritical marks (the short vowels which tell you how to pronounce a word), unless you are reading the Quran, so as a beginner it will be difficult to learn new words from only reading. You will often finding yourself using a dictionary to found out how to pronounce a new word that you encounter. The more words you learn, the easier and quicker it will be to read. By that point of time, you will notice that it is actually faster to read text without the diacritical marks.

-Pronunciation: There are quite a few sounds that are not in the English language. In class, I noticed that ع and غ gave a lot of students problems. I was taught the alphabet when I was a kid, so those letters gave me less problems than my peers.

Some of the most difficult letters to pronounce and identify correctly through listening are the emphatic letters, which are: ص ض ط ظ. I think the trick to these letters is that you must realize that they change the sound of the vowels that they precede. Learning about this change, it helped me hear and pronounce these letters much better. However though, I noticed that some native speakers don't make the distinction between emphatic letters at times. It's easier to explain this with an example. For instance with: سيف vs صيف, a lot of times I notice that native speakers will pronounce both words the same, even though they have different vowels. I think this happens a lot especially with ض. If I am wrong about this or if you have some insight on this example, please share.

September 16, 2015

It is not hard . you can learn first letters and simple words

September 2, 2015

-Broken plural nouns and adjectives: These are nouns and adjectives which follow a pattern, which you won't know until you see the plural form. Thus, with these type of words, you need to learn them through experience. Why these words are frustrating to me is that I have not yet found a good resource which I can easily look up plurals for nouns and adjectives. I can't tell you how many minutes I waste trying to look up a broken plural for a noun. It's even harder trying to look up broken adjective plurals online.

-Knowing when to use the right case: There are a lot of grammatical situations which change what case a noun or other part of speech will take. You're not going to be able to know this well unless you understand a lot of grammar rules.

-Verb forms: Correct verb conjugation requires to know which form a verb uses. There are 15 different verb forms....If I remember correctly, there are not too many irregular verbs though, so if you can learn most of the verb forms, it will greatly help you understand how to conjugate most verbs.

-Vocabulary: It's hard for me to remember Arabic words because they relate nothing to English or other Romance languages. With French, I might remember a word from memory which I haven't seen or used in two weeks, but I cannot do this yet with Arabic. I forget Arabic words all the time, especially if I barely use them.

Another issue with vocabulary is that it's hard to learn words, because a word's meaning depends on the context. This is true for other languages, but unless you are using a dictionary which has example sentences, you will have to learn how to use the word through trial and error.

September 16, 2015

No,it is very easy.I can help you.

September 16, 2015
Show more