Wendy
Do you watch the BBC Documentary---Secrets of China,What do you think of it?

As I know,this documentary is hosted by Billie JD Porter.And she went to many places of China like Hefei,Beijing and so on to get a deeper and better understanding of chinese main values upon wealth,marriage and all kinds of chinese nowadays social phenomenon.For me, I watch the second one unexpectedly towards marriage status in china,which quite shocks me a lot.It is extremely common but unfair that most girls aged over 28 will be called"leftover" and will be under great pressure to have blind dates.Luckily I am since that period is a bit far away from me since I am still "young" for now.It sounds quite sarcastic,right? For most of girls in china.We wanna become better in our own career and other aspects while meantime we have to bear more stress from social and family.That's the cultural difference.And THAT IS THE FACT!I have to admit this documentary is rather a success one!

So dear friends,what is your opinion towards that?Really wanna know the situation in your country.

Sep 2, 2015 1:55 PM
Comments · 8

Thanks,Tom.I do agree with you at this point.But to some extent,this phenomenon does exist.

October 6, 2015

Actually, I strongly believe that is not the real China and what Chinese people should be. This documentary of BBC just want to emphasize the aspects.

October 6, 2015

Thanks for your ideas,Matteo.

October 6, 2015

Hi,Mewe.Personally,I reckon most of this documentary is accurate.Although nowadays,younger generation bear more pressure,on the other side,living in China is a good choice.

October 6, 2015

I found it to be rather fascinating.  Invidious in a way too. She's so young and smart. Possibly the youngest BBC presenter I've seen to date.

On age, I think women improve with age in my opinion. Unfortunately, most of the world is not that way.

I taught in a remote town in the Colombian jungle. And I noticed, if you're not married with children by the age of twenty-four or twenty-five for a woman, you become Invisible. 

It's strange; I though it was just my peculiar observation, so I asked a fellow teacher, a blond North American girl. And she said to me, Yeah it's true.  She noticed the same thing.

October 6, 2015
Show more