Ruthi
Group classes, anyone?

I just sent this message to italki support

"Hi Italki
I would like to suggest an option of offering a group class but at present this is not possible.
I could offer a group slot and that way each student could pay less but it would still be worth me teaching an hour.
Is there any way we could make this work?
Thanks"

What do the English students among you think about my suggestion?

Would you join a group class if there were an option and it were cheaper than my regular class?

Would you be happy to "share" your teacher with 2 or 3 other students? 

Just asking!

Sep 2, 2015 3:10 PM
Comments · 2

I got an answer back from italki support by the way which says that they are going to add this feature in the future. However it is still possible to do it if we make a group class time and each student books individually and then the teacher communicates what time the group class will take place.

I think it's a good option for students who can't afford to pay for a private class. Regarding the level, Romen, since I am an experienced High school and university teacher, accustomed to teaching 30 or more students, it is not a problem to teach 3-4 students together and adapt to the level of each. So that is not a problem in my opinion... 

September 3, 2015

Greetings.

I think this is a great idea, but from the student's perspective isn't effective. You have to find students who are at the approximately same level, because I'm sure that some people don't want to waste time, waiting while other people stuggle to understand something (and for what? for $4 per hour or something). 

The next thing is that some people are a bit shy of speaking (such as myself) and therefore this student wouldn't have much speaking pracice. Of cource a teacher might to ask them (or force) to speak, but I think it'd create a lot more stress that way. 

thank you. 

September 2, 2015