Faith
Do you use a vocabulary notebook?

Do you use one? If so, how do you use it? What do you think is the best way to remember English phrases?

I recently wrote an article on what I think is the most effective way to learn vocabulary with a keeping a vocabulary notebook. You can find it at www.tapintolanguage.com/blog/

Sep 3, 2015 12:16 PM
Comments · 9

I used vocabulary notebook in past, but now I don't use this. I think, if we need action vocabulary, we mast use this, and all time write new words, and created new сontext to this words, because all language don't exists without context))). I think you say right about this stuff)) 

September 3, 2015

I agree, Igor, if you have language in context you are much more likeley to remember its meaning too. 

I love how your new language comes from 'Friends', Mohammad! That's so cool! I guess it's a fun way of learning new language and you get to listen to English at a natural speed.

September 3, 2015

yes, I use a notebook and write only important words in that.

Half of my vocabulary notebook written from Friends (tv series). It's useful and funny.

September 3, 2015

Make a single list in Exexl. This way, I can reuse it with ease for any purposes such as making my own drills. Also, I grab audio files out of online OED, and get them together in iTunes. This allows me to review words in a short time.

September 3, 2015

I do for all the new Spanish words I'm learning each week. Everyday I write new words on my phone, and Saturday or Sunday I write each word down into my notebook, looking up the definitions for all the ones I still don't know. I have about 6 pages from my first month in Colombia! I find keeping the notebook very helpful because I can review all my new vocab in one spot.

Repetition works great for me. Maybe try listing all the new English phrases you're learning, and then go through that list over and over, reading the phrases out loud and in context if possible.

September 3, 2015
Show more