Yueming
Which is more difficult for you to think in German and French?

Both German and English are in Germanic Group.French is Romans Language.

German and Franch are in different groups ,but the grammar of German is much more the Franch.So some people think German is more difficult than Franch.

How do you think about it ?

Sep 4, 2015 2:36 PM
Comments · 4

Both languages are quite easy to learn, if you really work on it. Surely there are some aspects, which are a bit difficult for foreigners (subjonctif -> French; das oder dass -> German) but both is possible. I'm fluent in both and thinking about it, I guess both are quite similar with some differences. You should maybe watch simply some news, videos or films in both languages and then decide, which one seems to be more interesting for you!

October 15, 2015

I really don’t get the sense of these "which language is harder" questions.. If you ask or know "which language is easier or harder to learn than the other" then it doesn't make it easier to learn the language. if you really are interested in learning a specific language you wouldn’t compare it to other languages. to me it’s just finding another reason to NOT study the language.

but anyways good luck on your studies!

September 7, 2015

German is easier, of course. Every children here is fluent in German. If you talk French to them, a helpless glance is all you get. 

September 4, 2015

Hi there. I personally recommend German. I have studied both of them when I was in high school and despite being Italian, I found it harder to remember all the countless exceptions that characterise French grammar.

It is true that Italian and French have the same Indoeuropean orgins, as well as German and English belong to the same Germanic group, but although I had no difficulty in understanding and speaking French, paradoxically I now remember more about German than French, since I don't study them anymore (I currently study Russian).

So I would choose German.

Viel Glück, auf Wiedersehen!

September 4, 2015