[Deleted]
Sports in China

Sports are a huge part of the USA culture. Do you think China could benefit from instilling the same kind of culture in their schools for the students?

Sep 5, 2015 1:09 AM
Comments · 9

I don't know what they are doing in China, but I think sports should be available to everyone, and part of school. I like the way it's done in the US. Regardless of what system is in place, some kids are going to use it as an excuse not to focus enough on school. But let's not punish the whole society by limiting sports. Young people need to be shown that working the body is just as important as working the mind - both are needed to stay healthy and to become a well rounded human being.

September 5, 2015

That largely depends on entrance requirements.and the fact is each university has almost the same standard - high scores(sports rarely matter). so,hmm..

September 5, 2015

As an American who played high school sports and loves watching college sports, I would suggest that China never mix sports and school. Too many kids in the US don't spend enough time on academics, and it seems that sports become more of distraction than a help. The ones who are successful at sports seem to become arrogant, yet they often don't know how to manage the money the have earned. The ones that don't become successful could have used their time and public education focusing on something else. Just my honest opinion. I respect those who disagree.

September 5, 2015

I think China need more sports. There are many good athletes,but ordinary  people don't have enough time on sports.

September 7, 2015

Organized sports also offers students a chance to develop a new circle of friends/peers with common goals. I played university football, and upon entering uni I automatically was inducted into a large network of peers which made the transition from home to a new place much easier.

Aegis great point about excersizing body and mind, which will also contribute to the well-rounded development of a person. In China, this is sorely needed as expressed by many Chinese themselves hence the introduction of all these new international schools in China which try to achieve just that: well rounded students capable of many different things, rather than test test test...maybe sports can help.

Personally, the Chinese are becoming a force to be reckoned with in the athletic world anyways. Why not provide an outlet for all these athletes. It is also a great opportunity for the ladies to achieve something new.

September 6, 2015
Show more