David lee
How do foreigners start of learning Chinese?

How do foreigners start of learning Chinese?

use the flash cards?pinyin or buy some books learn by yourself?

Sep 10, 2015 2:16 AM
Comments · 15

I tried to learn a handful of words and phrases, then started in right away with a teacher. I just used pinyin, because trying to learn characters while learning this very difficult spoken language was too much for me. I followed Benny Lewis's advice of forcing myself to speak Chinese the entire class from day one, even if I only had 50 words in my vocabulary. Luckily I found a couple of very patient and kind teacher,s Chineseteacherrachael and Anna, who spoon fed me my vocabulary and phrases. Rachael  emailed me recordings and pinyin of what we learned using Anki flashcards, which is a must have for language learners.  Also Anna was and still is awesome, because she is really talented at practicing with the student. So you want to get fluent fast, I think you just have to spend the money on the classes, review <em>a lot</em>, and stay determined. 

January 1, 2016

I think in the beginning of learning new languages is to build your interest into it. For example, you could talk to friends who speak the language you want to learn, and to see if you like it or not. Then you could move onto more formal lessons to learn deeper.

September 12, 2015

pinyin for one year

January 1, 2016

I started learning Chinese by vocabularies. I recited them over and over again.

After learning how to speak and communicate in Chinese, then I learned writing and reading continuously. TV shows, dramas, movies and music, they all are optional! Enjoy learning!

October 10, 2015

I go on youtube to learn Pinyin first then learn speaking, reading, and writing. I also have natives to help me out as well. 

October 10, 2015
Show more