Naharror
Professional Teacher
Learning Article : 10 + 1 Tips To Improve Your Spanish Pronunciation

Discuss the Article : 10 + 1 Tips To Improve Your Spanish Pronunciation

<a href='/article/568/10-1-tips-to-improve-your-spanish-pronunciation' target='_blank'>10 + 1 Tips To Improve Your Spanish Pronunciation</a>

Have you ever tried to improve your phonetics and your pronunciation as you try to improve your vocabulary, grammar and conversation? Do you know how? This article is a compilation of ideas and tips that will make your communication even more effective and natural in Spanish.

Sep 29, 2015 12:00 AM
Comments · 14

Great article Antonio! My fave was Tip #5 "Record Yourself and Compare". I highly recommend recording yourself to hear what you really sound like...

I recorded myself on my mobile phone saying the exact same thing as a spanish podcast that I had and compared it with the original done by native speakers. The results were hilarious and somewhat embarrassing BUT I really got a feel for what I needed to change. Do it! It's fun. You don't even need to compare it with an original really because when you hear yourself you'll get a feel for what you sound like straight away. (Or at least I did)  ;)

(Note: It really helps if you can understand what you're reading, otherwise it can sounds like a whole lot of words in a row)

After hearing my obvious Australian accent, it became obvious that I needed to listen to more native speakers on the tv and radio etc (ie. Tip #1: Listen Passively) to get the accent, rhythm and flow into my head.

Thanks Antonio!

September 30, 2015

Thanks for your help and advice for all of us.

Surely it is recorded of the most useful things. Not only to improve the accent also to know the nonsenses that we say every day. : D

Also recalls cover your ear while you read and/or repeat words or texts.

Ah! and never forget to travel and surround yourself with sincere people to correct you.

Gracias...

Antonio

September 30, 2015

Hola Matteo,

Gracias por tu pregunta y por tu colaboración en esta discusión.

Para muchas personas que quieren aprender español, el sonido de la "RR" es un poco difícil. Los trabalenguas son una buena opción sin duda pero, primero hay que acostumbrar al cerebro a que aprenda ese sonido por eso es mejor trabajar otros fonemas antes que nos ayudarán con la "RR".

Consejos:

Prueba con secuencias de "L"  "R"  "RR" ..por ejemplo:  peLo - peRo - peRRo

Entonces tu cerebro empezará a ser consciente que existe ese sonido. Además hay ejercicios físicos. Cada estudiante es diferente, a lo mejor tú no tienes problemas con la vocal+RR  y sí  RR+vocal

¿Me explico?

Un saludo

Antonio

October 5, 2015

Hola querido profesor, 

¡Muchísimas gracias por tu artículo! Es muy interesante y myu útil para nosotros, los aprendices. Ya he hecho algunas cosas para aprender, primero, inglés, después, español. Para serte soncera, prefiero el español por su sonido y ritmo. Por cierto, ¡decir la manera de aprender idiomas como baile es precioso! Aunque no soy buena en bailar ni a mí me gusta, me encantó esa manera. 

De nuevo, ¡muchas gracias! 

Saludos a ti y a tu muger maravillosa desde Japón. 

Ryoko

October 4, 2015

Fantástico comentario!!

Without doubt Léa,

Let's not forget that the most important thing of the language is that it is A COMMUNICATION SYSTEM.

What is the use of speaking the same language if there is no transmission of emotions and ideas?

:)

December 3, 2018
Show more