Gisele
Best place to learn Chinese besides China?

We want to go and do an immersion of Chinese language. Where is another place besides China, to take my two small children to learn? Must be kid friendly! 

Oct 2, 2015 11:56 AM
Comments · 15

It must be suit for you in Taiwan.People are friendly,foods are delicious,transport is convenient.Safety is also included.Welcome  to Taiwan.

October 2, 2015

The second best place after Mainland China for learning Chinese (Mandarin) would be Taiwan.

Some people like the cute soft-spoken Mandarin of Taiwan and while I enjoy hearing it, too, many (not all) speakers misprounce certain sounds -- you know the, zh/ch/sh, en vs. eng, completely forgetting er (so yi er san si, sounds like yi e san si), some older speakers whose main language is Taiwanese even confuse f from h and r from l.

Anyway, you can make the same points about Mainland China -- Mainland China has so many different accents (just within Mandarin), so many other non-Mandarin Chinese languages and non-Chinese languages as well. Plus, many people complain about the living standards outside of big cities, freedome and polluation factors, not being able to practice traditional Chinese characters (I'm a huge fan of them myself), perhaps fewer work opportunities and scholarships for foreigners.

You just have to go where your heart tells you.

December 7, 2015

Beside China, Sigapore is good choice. But I think if you want to learn stardard Mandarin, China is only place. 

October 13, 2015

Taiwan?

October 2, 2015

You  can search"Stopkiddinstudio" on YouTube .It's made by a group of foriegn students or backpackers.It shows a lot of traits in Taiwan of course including their feeling and observation.The clips are really nice for who wants to know more about Taiwan and Taiwanese.

October 2, 2015
Show more