Nur
learning a language subtly in our everyday lives

Been learning arabic for a few months now and i'd like to ask for suggestions or maybe share your experience on how a person could incorporate language learning in his/her everyday life (hence the title). your suggestions especially those also learning arabic would be much appreciated!

Oct 3, 2015 3:20 PM
Comments · 3

Personally,  when i'm learning a language i try to watch dramas or movies in that language with subtitles that i can understand.. watching movies is a hobby of mine so i try to make it "educational" at the same time and i can at least pick one or two new words . Same for music, i like to look for the lyrics and add it to my playlist . Also try to practice with a friend of you're both learning arabic 

October 3, 2015

Morover, i forgot to suggest you to find a native speaker and try to work with him on some arabic exercises(whatever) or just try to speak.

October 3, 2015

Assalamo alikom. I have been learning arabic about 6 months, i decided to start learning arabic from Madinah book(Islamic University of Madinah), it was very helpful. Now, i'm still trying to finish this book, only few chapters left. Almost all arabs tell me to listen to a lot  arabic speech. My suggestions are: to learn grammar from Madinah book, which i think the best book of grammar for non-native speakers, try to listen to some stuff in arabic every so you can get used to arabic speech, read Quran(if you want to learn alfusha) and then read its translation, read liitle stories for kids and try to understand the logic of arabic and get used to its structure of the sentence. I don't know else, but if i know something new, i will inform you. 

October 3, 2015