Manoo
your favourite writer

Who is your favourite writer and why?

Oct 3, 2015 9:28 PM
Comments · 13

Hello Manoo, 

I have many favourite writers.

I am on a poetry kick at the moment as I am between books.

So I will say... William Wordsworth will always make me smile because of the beauty he see's in the things around him, And Hafiz will always make me smile for the beauty he see's in people. 

Who is yours ?? 

October 5, 2015

My favorite writer is Leon Tolstoy for his "War & Peace". Since poem is usually an inseparable part of us, I love marvelous poems of Hafez and Ferdowsi two musts of Iranian literature.  In the field of indigenous writers, I like Abbas Maroofi for his book "The Symphony of Deads". Finally, since you are from Pakistan,  I write this Eghbal's poem:

زندگی در صدفِ خویش گُهَر ساختن است

در دلِ شعله فرو رفتن و نگداختن است

عشق ازین گنبدِ در بسته برون تاختن است

شیشهٔ ماه ز طاقِ فلک انداختن است
April 13, 2016
I have many favourite writers. One of them is the Canadian writer Margaret Atwood because she is always so surprising and her stories are very unusual. Another one is Stephen King because his books are very gripping, but some of them are too scary, so I don't like all of his books. 
April 13, 2016

P.S Manoo I can't see how to Direct Message you or add you as a friend here but thank you for your reply on my discussion & I would love to learn Urdu with you / practice your English :) 

October 5, 2015

Hi Manoo,

thanks for the question ^_^

at the moment I have two favourite writers: Fred Vargas and Haruki Murakami.

I like Fred Vargas because she tells about 'noir' facts with a gentle touch of humor and poetry.

I like Murakami for the nice ambiance that pevades his stories, that brings me to a new place and sometimes make me dream.

And yours?

Bye,

Corrado

October 3, 2015
Show more