Radhi
What is the way for learning a foreign language you think it is the best?

Hello everyone!

For me, I tried many different ways to learn and improve my English. I read some books about that, focused on grammar, kept memorizing new vocabulary daily and other ways.

Finally, I have found that watching movies and series with English subtitles is the best way to improve my English. It helps my ears to be familiar with the native speakers and their pronunciation and makes me get new vocabulary and phrases every time. It is a funny way with no boring and at the same time, it helps me know about the culture of those who speak English and their traditions.

Oct 4, 2015 10:28 AM
Comments · 5

Subtitles are good as long as you don't focus only on reading. With your English skills going up, try to get rid of them gradually. Currently, you can for instance have them turned on, but from time to time focus only on sound for a couple of seconds and check yourself how much you understand. Good luck in learning dude :)

October 4, 2015

I don't like memorizing words, it just makes me hate language learning and most words only make sense in context anyway. For me, watching films without subtitles woks best, and a few days later I watch the same film with subtitles in the target language. Thus I can develop my listening skills, instead of focusing on reading the subtitles. Listening to songs & the news also helps. Remember how you learned your native language, by listening & repeating, without memorizing any words or grammar rules.

October 4, 2015

The best way is going to the country which use this language as mother tougne.

However ,it's difficult to do it 

October 4, 2015

Thank you Tünde
You are absolutely right about memorizing words.
Yes, watching movies without subtitles is very useful because it makes you focus on listening. I used to watch some series without subtitles and then with subtitles and repeat that more than one time.
Also, listening to news and songs helps me improve my vocabulary.
Thank you again friend for your good notes and comment.

October 4, 2015

Thank you friends for your comments

October 4, 2015