Natalija
Good day my friends!

I want to learn English. I study English with grammar book for Italian students.
I listen the songs and see the mooves in English. I begin to read a comics in English. I'm registered in this site. Nevertheless I'm not satisfied with the risults.
What should I do added?
Natalija.

Oct 4, 2015 4:47 PM
Comments · 3

Natalija, I would recommend you spend more time chatting or speaking with native English speakers. This would be the best way to improve your English.

October 4, 2015

Natlija, I agree with others it would help immensely if you had a teacher or conversation partner.

Growing up in the United State, I really didn't practise my Spanish much, and now I am on this site to improve. 

I it is hard, but it helps. It has been hard for me to overcome the feeling of embarrassment of being corrected in Spanish about every twenty seconds from my teachers, but they have improved my speech greatly.

Even more so, unlike your case, I actually know and speak Spanish, but I never practised it, so I sound well, like....-tard, when I talk. 

Now after several session, I noticed my teachers said I speak much more rapidly and with greater precision. It's hard to put yourself out there for criticism and self-ridicule, but if you find the right

teacher I'm sure you'll progress quickly.  I know I have, and I will continue to try very hard, until I do speak like a native. Afterall, I am Spanish? Right? I might as well learn my own language....Lol.

Best of Luck.

October 4, 2015

hi Natalija  Congrats for even trying!  I am a english speaker trying to learn Spanish.  I have a spanish teacher on this site that I started with in late August and i think it is very helpful.  I studied duolingo for about a year but couldn't find another way to learn till i was told about Italki.  I feel i am finally seeing some progress but it is very difficult for me.   I think trying new things helps to motivate you.  There are lots of English teachers on this site and just people that will help you that are native speakers but not teachers.   Even if you spend 30 mins twice a week talking with a teacher or native speaker, i think you will be pleased and you will see improvement.  It does take a lot of time  measured more in years not months.   I am not a teacher or english major but have a college education and would happy to chat with you, if you would like...Warm regards from the USA  jean

October 4, 2015