Srain
Hello! I like photography.Is it the as same me?We can talk about it.

Hello! I'm a Chinese girl.I like photography,music.Is it the as same me?We can talk about it,but my english is not good.

what do you like for photography?

Oct 5, 2015 3:30 PM
Comments · 3

Srain, there was a thread titled 'gathering for photographers' a few days ago here.

http://www.italki.com/discussion/103338

As about Enlgish, it will get better if you will keep talking)

October 7, 2015

'miss'

Dan smith. the whole thing is easy.
First you have you digital camera broken.

Then you have you old friend bringing you SLR camera with nice lens that somebody unidentified had left and forgotten on his piano many years ago.

And then you look for enlargers etc:)

October 7, 2015

I'm an old guy! I grew up with film. When I was a kid I had a Kodak home darkroom set. I processed black-and-white film myself in a little plastic tank, and made prints on a contact printer using Velite paper, a photographic paper that was so slow you could process it in room light.

Later on I had access to darkrooms with better equipment, like enlargers.

I have to say that there was always something magical for me, watching the image emerge on a white sheet of photographic paper.

However, I use a digital camera and Adobe Photoshop Elements and I can't say I really miss the darkroom.

Besides, you can "process" color digitally. In the old days, processing color film was insanely laborious and quite expensive for an amateur. There were something like a dozen processing steps--for black-and-white, just three, developer, stop bath, and fixer. It was very slow, and some of the chemicals were pretty toxic. And then you had to go through almost the same thing for prints. I never processed any color film or prints myself, and I never met anybody who did.

October 6, 2015