Jaime
A note regarding capitalization.

This is not to generate a discussion, per se. I'm just sharing information to help those learing English.

In English, the prounoun "I" is always capitalized. I know that it is different in most other languages, but it is an error I commonly see when correcting notebook entries. 

Jaime

Oct 5, 2015 4:44 PM
Comments · 17

Well said, Jaime!

Many people seem to think that capitalisation is an optional nicety, rather than an essential feature of the language.

And what makes it worse is when learners see the lazy writing of native English speakers who don't bother to capitalise or punctuate properly.

October 5, 2015

Thank you for the comment. My eyes are bleeding when I see the prounoun ¨I¨ not capitalized.

October 5, 2015

Not Every Single Word,  alex ( ... or maybe 'Alex'?) .

It looks strangely old-fashioned and a bit stress-inducing to see a line of words all capitalised. In titles we generally capitalise only the important content words, but not the little grammar words such as 'and' 'the' and 'your'. So a typical title might be :

'A Guide to the Rules of Capitalisation'

Titling conventions vary. You may notice that in newspapers and magazines printed in the US, articles are titled according to the above convention - with all the main words capitalised. Meanwhile, British publications tend to use a prose style of titling, with only the first word and names capitalised, the same as in the body of the text.

October 6, 2015

I must say, it is a pet peeve, especially in "lazy native speakers" (Love this!), that has been made worse by texting. I agree with you @Su.Ki., capitalization, and grammer, are essential features of our beautiful language. I'm just trying to be a good steward so that all of us can teach and pass on good habits. 

October 5, 2015

And if I remember correctly in titles you have to "Capitalize Every Single Word" like this in English?

October 6, 2015
Show more