Thea
What you had done/are doing/will do when you were/are/will be 23?

To begin with, I don't know if you can put a title like I did above. But, anyway, I think you get the point.

Here I am, at the end of Chinese national holiday, still working overtime. I am working on my PC at home, because my boss "wants us to work in comfort". While the truth is, she won't have to pay me three times of daily salary in that way.

As I am listening to my imaginary tick-tok sound, I know my life is draining away and there is no way back. So, I am worried about whether I am taking the right path to achieve my main goal, or whether I work hard enough. As you not know, my friends around me are either busy getting married or taking selfile to update their status on Chinese FB. Am I too serious toward life?

How about you, italki readers? What your life was/is/will be like when you were/are/will be 23? What decisions had you made that mattered a lot?

Oct 6, 2015 1:52 PM
Comments · 3

i hope i will finish my study and travel to europe for working

October 6, 2015

When I was 23 years old I lived in the Canadian Arctic. I was working in a job that I didn't like very much and was about to leave to go to to England. :)

October 6, 2015

Wow what a great question, Thea. I think that you are right to hear a clock ticking, but only if you intend to do something about that. I truly agree that life is short and we have to do what we feel. When I was 23 I went abroad to explore life by myself away from my family. I am not sorry that I did that. I did a second degree, started a career, met my husband and then for the next many years I travelled a lot. I think you are right to think about what you want in life and go for it!

October 6, 2015