Jonas
What is your experience with teachers? Comments are welcome.

I love talking to teachers on italki. It's been a lot of fun. And ostensibly, at least, I am learning a lot too. Recently, however, I have had bad experiences with native German teachers. I would like to get some basic proficiency in German, but I have found the teachers to be professional, but somewhat distant and cold.

I admit a bias though, coming from the Spanish/Latin culture: we tend to be more excitable, lively, and open. Now, I refuse to believe all Germans are as in the way I've experienced so far on this site.

So, for this discussion, I am not asking you to rate teachers. I just want to hear your story. Good or bad. Doesn't matter which teacher or language, but I hope it was a lesson you took on italki. No need to put names out.

By the way, just as an aside, I have taken some basic Russian lessons on italki too. And the Russian teachers have been wonderful, open, and kind-hearted. If you are a Russian, do you feel this is the nature of your ethnic group? Again, I just want to hear stories, not ratings.

Oct 6, 2015 2:27 PM