Olivier
is it true the people from sweden and norway speak English very well?

I mean those people have a better knowlegde of English language because they learn this language since they are child, that's I think so but I am not sure, I have many experiences where people told me even English speakers don't speak or write English very well,  I would like to know your opinions thanks.

Oct 6, 2015 9:06 PM
Comments · 3

is it true the people from the north of europe speak English better because they have more contact with the English language since they are children, for example abba is a group from another country and they sing in English and they were succesful , because they know English very well?

October 7, 2015

"I have many experiences where people told me even English speakers don't speak or write English very well"

Keep in mind that native speakers apply <em>very </em>different standards to other native speakers than they do to English learners. If a native speaker spells two word wrong on a page, other native speakers will complain that their English is horrible. There is a much smaller gap between colloquial language and "proper" language in English than in other languages simply because a) unlike most languages, the rules of English are defined by how they're used, not how someone thinks they should be, and b) English has far less regional variation than most other languages.

People from Germanic countries generally speak fluent English. One might struggle to get around with English in Italy, France or Spain, but if you go to Germany or Austria, just about everyone speaks perfect English without any difficulties. The Scandavians are known for being better at English than even the other Germanic countries.

October 7, 2015

yes

October 7, 2015