DIDI
Between-meal nibbles

What is your favorite munchies in your country?

I just saw turkish dried fig but we dont eat it in that way.

We eat it in this way

http://gd3.alicdn.com/imgextra/i3/696380862/T2NU08XrJXXXXXXXXX_!!696380862.jpg

So it look oddly for me and females like candied peel more. I could not eat so big in turkish way.

Here is one of classical munchies in my country

http://gd3.alicdn.com/imgextra/i3/696380862/T2NU08XrJXXXXXXXXX_!!696380862.jpg

How about your country? I remember European munchies are strange for me and expensive.

Oct 7, 2015 12:47 PM
Comments · 7

DIDI, I thought you were saying that you came to Europe and tried a few snacks here. I understand that European snacks would be expensive where you live, and some of them (like bread) might not even taste like the ones we have!

Su.Ki, that's a lot of crisps! I didn't know British people love them so much! (If I even eat 3 packets a year, that's it, so about a packet every 3 days seems like a lot to me!)

October 8, 2015

As snacks I usually eat fresh fruits and a some seeds, like hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds, ...

October 8, 2015

In Britain the favourite between-meals snack is crisps. These are what the rest of the world call chips - thin slices of potato, fried until they're crispy, and seasoned with salt or other savoury flavourings.

The British eat more crisps than any other country in the world - six billion packets a year. That's the equivalent of one ton of crisps every three minutes or almost 100 packets per person.

October 8, 2015

Aurelie, I did not eat those European munchies because you have to choose under limited money.

And I often choose something I am familiar with , It seem that I am not adventurist on mental test.

But I think munchies from Europe to Asia that may increase cost so the price is higher than local munchies. I think the convenience store try to sell it so it seldom to see it on every convenience stores.

I dont remember what is that but I remember it is very different so very strange to me as well.

So I wondered what is munchies in each country:)

October 8, 2015

I think I'd usually eat some bread (yes, fresh baguette, I can be quite cliché sometimes!), if there is any left.

I've also seen a lot of people eating applesauce recently, but that might just be a trend among young students...

None of those are expensive though, I wonder what you have tasted?

October 7, 2015
Show more