Elia Murru
Useful idiom: to ring something up/ battere (sul registratore di cassa)

Today, a friend of mine who lives in Rome, had a problem at the grocery store and that was because she did not put the sticker on a tomato for the cashier to ring it up

Oggi, una mia amica che vive a Roma ha avuto un problema al supermercato e questo perchè non aveva messo l' adesivo (sticker) sul pomodoro che la cassiera doveva battere.

To ring something up = battere (sul registratore di cassa)

- The cashier rang up all the itmes quickly and we left

La cassiera ha battuto tutti gli articoli e siamo andati via

In Italia, quando si va al supermercato per prendere la frutta, bisogna pesarla. Quando dico che bisogna pesarla, questo implica che bisogna attaccare l' adesivo sulla busta, in questo modo la cassiera potrà battere l' articolo. Se non si pesa la frutta, la cassiera non potrà procedere e voi sarete costretti a tornare indietro per pesarla nuovamente.

In Italy, when you go to the grocery store to get some fruit, you need to weigh it. When I say that, it implies that you need to attach the sticker on the bag, in this way the cashier can ring the item up. If you do not weigh the fruit, the cashier will not be able to process the item and you will need to go back and weigh it again by attaching the sticker on the bag.

Don't forget it/ Non dimenticarlo

A presto!

Oct 7, 2015 8:05 PM
Comments · 1

Per me è stato un shock culturale che, in Italia a volte è bisogno di pesare anche il pane:)

October 8, 2015