[Deleted]
How much tax should people pay?

How much taxation should occur? Is taxation a violation of an individual's natural freedoms, or a necessary component of a civilized society? Should there be a sliding scale tax where the rich pay proportionally more than anyone else, or should there be a flat tax on everyone regardless of income level? Is taxing the rich heavily an economic destroyer...or just a fair thing for them to do to give back to the society that has given them so much?

What do you think about taxes? 

Oct 10, 2015 3:23 PM
Comments · 16

In my opinion flat tax is the most honest. I do not understand why many governments 'punish' people which earn better than most of society.

They want to have better life, earn more, work more or at least more efficient and often risk a lot to gain a lot, they are innovative and without them we will stay at same point.

October 10, 2015

I have heard that all East European countries apart from Poland have flat tax. I think that especially in developing countries this type of taxation passes the exam.

October 12, 2015

Hey Alexey! I think you raise some interesting points. I completely agree investment in hi-tech is necessary for a country's growth. That is why I am trying to leave my job in Public Health research and get lost to do something with computers. However, I don't actually think the government needs to reward this sector with tax incentives. I think it would create a massive and unecessary bureaucracy to try to encourage growth, when people are doing it on their own. There is enormous money to be made in hi-tech, it is a sexy and exciting field to be in, and it doesn't need government intereference to grow it! :) That being said, I suspect some country is already doing some variation of your plan, and it's working well.

Hey Quan, thanks for such a well-thought out answer. I like your concept of taxation as a condition of living in a just society.

Hey Spangola, do you propose that citizens vote on every yearly budget? I think that's a great idea.

October 11, 2015

I think taxes are necessary in any healthy society. I think being excluded from the decision-making process as to how tax revenue is spent is a violation of any citizen's natural freedom. I would suggest an annual flat tax and an annual participatory budget.

October 11, 2015

I think that taxation is a necessary thing for every economy and society. We all know that a goverment needs money to run it's business, and tax is a ideal method. A goverment always make a favorable condition for it's citizens to run their business and earn money. The number of money we can earn is different from each another, of course. We must admit that we've taken a vantage of the goverment and the quantity of this thing relies on each people. So the scale of tax should be figured out by our income, it's a justice!

October 11, 2015
Show more