anderson
What's your opinion on abortion? Is it allowed in you country?

People have been discussing alot about it here, especially because of feminist activism. In my opinion it shouldn't be allowed, unless the mother's life is at risk or the baby is sick. Many women get pregnant because they have unprotected sex, the baby shouldn't pay for his parents' lack of responsability. What's your opinion?

Oct 10, 2015 8:08 PM
Comments · 5

Women will abort wether it's legal or ilegal if they don't want to have a baby, better to legalise it before they will do it at an illegal place and causing more public health problems! 

Being an atheist, I don't believe that in the first weeks the embryo can be considered a human being. If death is having a lack of impulse in the brain, how come an embryo who has no brain can be considered live? 

You didn't mention about rape, is it because you forgot to mention it or because you think they still should carry the baby because it's not its fault? :) 

October 10, 2015

I'm against of that. If you can't take care of the baby, well give him/her to other family who is ready to take care of that small and sweet person and who are going to love him/her more then their life. 

As you said... it's not bay's guilty, so baby deserves to live and be happy. 

By the way, I dislike that topic. 

October 10, 2015

Thankyou guys for sharing your opinions! I know this is a controversial topic and most people feel uncomfortable with it, but this is something that needs to be discussed. I hope more people join the debate

October 11, 2015

Abortion should be legalized everywhere. Making abortion illegal doesn't stop abortions, it stops safe abortions. Obviously, if the pregnancy puts the life of the mother or fetus at risk, the woman deserves access to an abortion. But if a girl is a victim of rape or incest, should she be forced to carry out a pregnancy on the grounds that it doesn't put her life at risk?

Pro-lifers love the term "Adoption is always an option", but they don't realize that 400,000 children are in foster care in the US alone. Every year 30,000 children grow out of their foster homes and must live a life without a family because they were never adopted.

Pro-lifers should be called pro-birth. They want the fetus born no matter what – even if it will be born into an abusive family, if it will be sent to a foster home and never know love or stability, even if it has a serious disformity and will die days after birth, if the 13-year-old rape-victim couldn't handle the emotional strain of childbirth. Pro-lifers are so insistent on fetal growth, but are nowhere to be seen when the baby is living a life of suffering or malnourishment and needs help.

Removing a fetus (a fertilized egg) is very different from murdering a newborn, just like digging out a seed you planted is not the same as cutting down a tree. If you're against abortion, that's fine – if you have an unwanted or dangerous pregnancy, don't get an abortion! If you are anti-abortion, that doesn't mean you can deny every single woman access to a safe abortion. There is a complex story behind every pregnancy– so complex that a law or any other controlling person couldn't possibly decide for a woman whether or not she is financially, emotionally, and physically ready and able to have a baby. It is never a casual decision to receive an abortion, but it is a decision a woman needs to make with freedom and without stigma.

October 10, 2015

Murillo, There are exceptions, like I said. Rape is one more exception. The thing is, the majority of abortions do not take place because of rape or illnesses.

Besides It's well known that even safe abortions can cause health problems and cause infertility, so it's a public health problem anyways.

October 10, 2015