Roberta
swedishpod101 and other learning sites

Hej!
Has anyone ever used this site? I'm trying it now, but it seems pretty useless without paying for premium, all you can do is watch videos and listen to audio, but nothing interactive at all.

What is your experience with it?
I'm really struggling to find free sites that really teach me something new without translating from english (I don't like using another language to learn one, I prefer monolingual approach), and I'm still way behind to be able to read and listen to normal swedish sources and learn something out of it.

Oct 11, 2015 11:34 AM
Comments · 3

I paid for premium and it was not worth it. They speak English most of the time discussing a dialogue in Swedish. The Swedish dialogues are like 5 lines long. Not very good

October 11, 2015

I use their word of the day, which I receive in my mail, but appart from that it`s just what you say. I paid for premium for 3 and then six months but got tired of listening to their translations. Also, I was told by some natives that expressions I learnt with Swedishpod101 were old fashioned, or sometimes not appropriate. I received a survey from them a few days ago, and I told them that what I dislike the most is the lack of exercises, from controlled practice to more challenging exercises. The only feature I really like, especially if you are starting with Sw is the line by line dialogues, you can listen to sentences and not forced to listen to the whole dialogue (but as Daniel commented, are usually very short). 

You may want to check: http://digitalasparet.se/

October 22, 2015

Duolingo. It's free.

October 17, 2015