Maria
books in dutch

Hi everyone!

I started a discussion about videos/movies in Dutch and I am getting great suggestions.

So why not starting a conversation about Dutch books as well?

I am searching for something for kid/young adults, "Jip en Janneke"-style books are a bit too easy for me (even though I LOVE them) so I would like to try to step up a bit.

I don't live in the Netherlands anymore so it is more challenging for me to get the material.

So if you are aware of some free material online, that would be of great help.

P.S. If someone is interested in Jip en Janneke book, I have a pdf file that contains some of the books. Just let me know and I will be happy to share it, the stories are lovely.

Oct 12, 2015 11:53 AM
Comments · 6

Ciao Maria,

Ho trovato questo piccolo romanzo: http://www.dbnl.org/tekst/_gid001191101_01/_gid001191101_01_0002.php

`E un classico, e anche c'e la vecchia grafia, ma forse vuoi provarci?

October 12, 2015

Hi Maria! I like reading very much, so once my Dutch became adequate enough to read books I dived in Dutch literature. :) If J&J is too easy for you I can recommend "Kruistocht in spijkerbroek" (too difficult for me right now, so I managed to read only 2 chapters with great effort),  "Oorlogsgeheimen" (easier, very nice) and books by René Appel (I found some adapted versions).

I have e-versions of many books, I can send them to you.

October 12, 2015

Hi.

It's still children's books, but I can definitely recommend other books by Annie mg Schmidt. She is a very famous children's book writer and she also wrote some famous plays and songs (ja zuster, nee zuster for example, which you should watch the movie of!) She is also the author of Jip en Janneke but she did some other books which are of a bit higher level I think

My favourites of hers are Floddertje, Pluk van de petterflet, Otje, Minoes (of which they also made a movie) I think every dutch person knows most of these stories and best of all they are amazingly beautifully illustrated.

If you really want to try something difficult, I recommend the books by Arthur Japin, he is my favourite dutch author, but I'm afraid those really are adult level.

If you type in the title + pdf in google I think you can find most of these stories online. 

Good luck!

October 18, 2015

Hello Maria, i cannot help you with the books but could you send me the pdf with jin en janneke.
It will be very kind from you.

thank u  

October 18, 2015

Hi Maria,

I remember reading Kruistocht in spijkerbroek, really enjoyed it.

Another book i remember reading is 'Blauwe plekken' of Anke de Vries,

which i really liked.

Good luck!

October 16, 2015
Show more