qing414
When is the time to get married? and why you want to get married

In my country, when you past 25 and still be single, you will have a lot of stress from outside, a lot of people get not because love but because age, what about your country? Do you feel stress about that,if yes, when you start to feel it, if not,tell me the reason, is there any other reason can make to people get married except love each other

Oct 30, 2015 3:43 AM
Comments · 33

"Good luck to human beings in marriage and have a nice day to human beings out of marriage."

Is there a subtle message here ?

October 30, 2015

Ah. On point. Same in my country. Except that I don't give two craps. Because HEY, I'm the one marrying here, not the people who are stressing on me to do so. I marry I get to live as a wife, not those people. SO my life, my choices. And every girl should think this way!

November 21, 2015

A friend of mine, from China, showed me an interesting belief system/tradition regarding a person's life:

People gave special names to some special ages , such as:

"age of 20" is "ruo(4) guan(1)" [we consider that a boy 20 years old becomes an adult after a ceremony called "guan(1)"];

"age of 30" is "er(2) li(4)" [means a man should have a job and complete family in this year];

"age of 40" is"bu(1) huo(4)" [means a person can't be tempted or cheated in this year];

"age of 50" is"zhi(1) tian(1) ming(4)" [a person who should understand the natural rules and his fate] ;

"age of 60"is "hua(1) jia(3)" [60 years is a circle according to a way of counting the years used by Chinese ancient astronomer] ;

"age of 70" is" gu(3) lai(2) xi(1)" [rare age to attain]

I find this interesting because 50 years ago people in Canada and the US had the same beliefs.

But now many men and women focus on their careers first.

The average age for marriage in Canada is 31 and 27 in the USA.

In my humble opinion, the right time for marriage is when you have found the right one to marry and she or he has proven that he/she truly loves you. True love means sacrificing, suffering, and always wanting to make your partners life better... a huge undertaking, yes?

November 22, 2015

From an evolutionary biology standpoint, it makes sense that we have this kind of pressure. It's there to keep the species going. That being said, the current problem is overpopulation, therefore paradoxically not having kids/or adopting is being part of the solution. Marry only if you have found somebody with whom you are ready to share your life, somebody with who you would hang out with anyways even if there were no such thing as marriage.

November 21, 2015

I think the best time to get married is when you want to get married. Age isn't important. 

I know a lot of people who married young and then had a miserable life because they weren't ready. Then, when their children grew up they realised they had nothing in common with their spouse. So, they get divorced. The lucky ones meet someone else who shares their interests, and their next marriage is often the best thing that ever happened to them. 

Choose your partner wisely, not because you are young, but because the person feels right to you. 

November 2, 2015
Show more