Alex dela Concepcion
Learning Korean

Are there any Korean movies with english subtitles that I can watch to further improve my understanding of the language? Will it be advisable to watch cartoons?

Nov 3, 2015 7:13 AM
Comments · 12

I disagree with all this advice in every thread that tells people to watch movies.  This is not effective at all and I don't know where the idea comes from.

You need textbooks, you need vocab lists, and grammar explanations.  Once you have a solid understanding and can speak in the language for a 20 minute conversation, THEN start getting information from shows and movies and music.

Going from zero straight to movies is a waste of time and it will take you forever to learn.  This isn't what people like to hear, because they think textbooks are boring, but language learning is boring in many cases and not fun.  People want to be "entertained" while learning a language and this is just not possible most of the time.

November 3, 2015

'200 Pounds Beauty' is a cute movie. There are a ton of dramas. I use dramanice.

December 2, 2015

Hey guys, i’ve been using an app to learn Korean and it also looks so cute! It's really useful and helps you to learn Korean. Check it out at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kr.eggbun.eggconvo

December 20, 2015

Hello. If you're at a beginner level, I would like to suggest you to learn from a teacher. 
And once you get to intermediate level, watching dramas/listening to music will be a big help. 

December 2, 2015

Hello!  I am not aware of movies but I suggest dramafever.com which is available  in the US.  It is by membership.  It helped me in listening and comprehension plus I have a teacher.  The korean dramas have English subtitles.

November 6, 2015
Show more