se7en
How did you find Persian language so far?

Tell me about your experiences or any thing related to the title :)

Nov 5, 2015 8:23 PM
Comments · 3

Easiest language in the world. What about you, how did you find it ?

November 6, 2015

Of the languages I speak, I definitely think it's the easiest - so far, at least, I'm only just beginning!

The verb conjugation is very consistent, and for a speaker of European languages the vocab is easy to pick up. There are so many loan words and cognates it's crazy. There are no major obstacles to pronunciation, I tend to confuse the short "a" and آ but issues like these are nothing compared to, say, learning the tones in Chinese, or the dizzying features of connected speech in English that make us crazy native-speakers say things very differently to how we write them.

Difficulties? The SOV verb order in Farsi is hard to get used to at first, the Farsi alphabet can be challenging when you have to guess the short vowels. And  را, though often compared to "the" in English, is used very differently. The "present perfect" tense is often used where English-speakers would use a past simple.

Definitely interested to hear what difficulties more advanced learners have encountered!

November 17, 2015

I don't know what should I say as a native, but when I inquire tourists' opinion, most of the time they'd say:

"It's melodious and beautiful" and they praise Hafiz and Sa'di poems.

November 6, 2015