[Deleted]
Software to take Chinese characters from a screenshot and convert them to plain text

I've been watching Cantonese shows with Chinese subtitles, but often I can't understand a word and can't find it in Cantodict when I listen to it by ear. I think that I would be more likely to find the correct meaning if I search the Chinese character.

Nov 9, 2015 8:41 PM
Comments · 5

Unfortunately, in many many cases, the subtitles in Chinese characters are like the English subtitles... they try to reflect the general meaning and not the actual words and structures used.  Therefore you still have to do a lot of work by yourself to figure out which word was used.  Basically, you'll have to use a Mandarin(literary) Chinese to spoken Cantonese dictionary or an English to Cantonese dictionary.

If you find movies or series with the "correct" Cantonese subtitles, tell me, I'm also looking to brush up on my Cantonese. :)

November 11, 2015

if the subtitle of the movie is written in Mandrain , then it is very possible and I know that most of then are shown in Mandrain actually, so you can use YouDao app, might be very helpful.

November 14, 2015

Well thanks for the responses. It looks like I wouldn't benefit from the software even if I had it.

November 11, 2015

Cantonese is different from Chinese,or mandarin.Only a few Chinese people can speak Cantonese.

November 10, 2015

which TV programs dowe you watch? I thing a lot of Chinese subtitles is written word. It is difficult for you to understand. For example, you hear "我鍾意睇書"    Maybe the Chinese subtitles is that"我愛看書"

November 10, 2015