Dino Jongho Yun
Learning Article : 5 Must Know Cultural Differences When Drinking Alcohol In Korea

Discuss the Article : 5 Must Know Cultural Differences When Drinking Alcohol In Korea

<a href='/article/599/5-must-know-cultural-differences-when-drinking-alcohol-in-korea' target='_blank'>5 Must Know Cultural Differences When Drinking Alcohol In Korea</a>

Have you ever had a drink with Koreans? Due to their drinking culture, it can be a bit awkward if you've never drank alcohol with them before. Let’s go through some things that you should know!

Nov 19, 2015 12:00 AM
Comments · 6

ssa1 what cultur are you specifically referring to? Like "drinking culture" ...with the meaning of drinking alot of alcohol regularly ... or in the means of drinking alcohol at all? The fact that any person that has drunkento much can be easier taken advantage off doesnt only apply to women! Because if that would be the case I would question the "culture of men" that do the "taking advantage of" and not the drinking habbit! In one point to I must agree..drinking regularly to much can harm you.

November 23, 2015

Wow...

Thanks for the article. I think I really need these pieces of information coz I don't have the faintest idea about these cultural norms in Korea and I am afraid of losing face if I do something wrong or something I should do to socialize but don't coz I am not familiar with such cultural values!

November 23, 2015

I did, and had my fun :) nothing bad about drinking games, every country has them. If at all Koreans know how to party. All other differences ...refilling and such are just a thing of society in general and apply even when not drinking alcohol. On the other hand I think when one drinks with someone where other social rules are used...both should be aware that and don't take it to heart if something is done "differently" than usual thats where the learning starts.

November 19, 2015

I think that culture , need to be stopped. In the long run can lead to illnesses and dangerous for female when they are drunk, they can be taken advantages off, among other things.

November 20, 2015

Thank you for your review! hopefully thanks to your article i wouldnt do anything embarrassing/impolite things when going out with Koreans.

Suprisingly, most of the rules are quite similar to Vietnam, except for the last one!

Seem like drinking overnight isnt too strange to Koreans?

July 1, 2017
Show more