كاسرالهموم
Which Arabic do you wish to learn?

Which Arabic do you wish to learn?

Classical (Qur'anic) Arabic. If your interest is more specific to Islamic or Medieval Arabic studies, a course in Qur'anic/Classical Arabic will meet your needs. It is the Arabic used in the Holy Qur'an, the Arabic of classical religious, intellectual, and legal texts, and the Arabic from which Modern Standard Arabic is based.Colloquial Arabic. If you are planning on living in the Arab World or dealing with a specific Arab region or country, Modern Standard Arabic on its own is unlikely to meet all your needs. Arabs speak regional dialects as their mother tongue, and the differences between dialects can be significant enough to cause mutual unintelligibility. Broadly speaking, there are five broad families of dialects, each with sub-dialects according to country, city, neighbourhood, and even religion: Gulf Arabic, Mesopotamian Arabic, Levantine Arabic, Egyptian Arabic, and Maghrebi Arabic.

Nov 21, 2015 4:31 PM
Comments · 5

أنا لا أكتب باللغة العربية حتى الساعة باستخدام جوجل ترجمة. أنا مهتم فقط في المصرية العربية كما سمعت العربية التي يتحدث بها الكثير من الناس من الأراضي المختلفة في جميع أنحاء الشرق الأوسط وشمال أفريقيا، وفي رأيي المتواضع المصرية العربية هي جميلة جدا للأذن وليس السبر قاسية على الإطلاق.

November 30, 2015

Are there different accents?
There are different dialects somewhat not much difference but if you learned the language of the Quran only to understand the origin of the Arabic Language

November 24, 2015

I think to learn the language of the Koran, a classical Arabic is the most important and the most prominent in this day and age and then some countries, the language becomes significantly easier

November 24, 2015

Are there different accents?

November 22, 2015

Marhaban! Right now I study Modern Standard Arabic (MSA). It is great as you learn a lot about the grammar and you can learn use books, news and even the Quran as a learning resource. However I eventually want to move onto speaking, which means I will have to learn a dialect. Unfortunately the problem for non-arab universities and colleges is I think they focus a lot on MSA. This is good for the base, but there is much less opportunity to learn the different dialects.

November 22, 2015