Teresa
learning english with films

Have you any advice on a beautiful film for learning English?

What is your favorite movie?

Nov 24, 2015 7:08 PM
Comments · 17

It depends on your level. If you are at an intermediate level, I highly recommend some animated films, which usually use a selected vocabulary according to the age the movie was made for. Over the time you can start watching more complex productions. You can have a good time watching animated movies, such as Chickens Run, The Nut Job etc. If you have Netflix, then in the section "Kids and Family" you can see movies sectioned by ages. You can also google "movies for [age] years old".

November 24, 2015

Hi Teresa,

a good way to learn English with movies is to watch movies you have already watched in Italian, so you already know a bit of the story and don't get lost in it. This is what I usually do.

If you want an idea of movies in English you can check this link:

http://www.mymovies.it/database/

...è in italiano, è soltanto un database. Sul campo "Nazione di produzione" puoi mettere una qualsiasi nazione in cui si parla inglese, e trovi una lista di film da cui scegliere per avere un'idea. Nella scheda del film trovi anche il titolo originale.

Spero ti sia di aiuto.

Ciao ^_^

November 24, 2015

Hello, If you want to watch movies with a purpose of learnign English, I would suggest you to watch animated movies. I  like Kungfu Panda, Brave, Adventurs of Tin Tin and Frozen.  You can also watch Hollywood movies with subtitles.

November 25, 2015

Hello, I recommend that you watch ancient films because the speak in a easier way than current films. The reason is simply the slang which is very common in the latest words. I recognise that this kind of films are slower and might be boring sometimes, but it will be helpful for your english learning.

November 24, 2015

My favourite movie is "Blues Brothers" - but I am not sure whether it is easy for a beginner.

I think Corrado is right: Look for things you already know and watch them again in English. Why don't you go through your DVD-collection and watch them again - in English?

For me series are better than movies - especially "soap operas" are a bit like a homestay

November 24, 2015
Show more