Arlen Borrego
What are some good textbooks out there?

Hello, My name is Arlen and I am in search of a book that I can use to self study before i began taking online lessons. I took 2 years of German in college and 1 year in high school, but right now i feel pretty rusty! Since I'm finishing school very soon, I will have much more time to learn more languages! I don't mind the price or anything, I'm just looking for a realiable book that I can review starting from the beggining. Thank you so much for your feedback! (^_-)-☆

Nov 26, 2015 3:53 AM
Comments · 5

Hello Arlen, I'm currently studying German and I don't know if this would help but I got to download a very comprehensive free PDF. You can download and see it through this link: http://vk.com/doc39672577_291495148 Cheers!

November 26, 2015

For the beginnig I used Menschen ( A1- B2 ) 

Klipp und klar for Grammar.

Hören und Sprechen A2 for listening.

November 30, 2015

Buy assimil book!

November 26, 2015

I'm using Passwort deutsch with my teacher, and I really like it! The idea behind it is that each chapter is about a city or town in Germany and through the lessons you also hear a bit about the city. I'm on the third book and still really like the format.

With my German class, we use Schritte, and I really dislike it! It's incredibly dull, and it honestly feels more like a childs school book

November 26, 2015

Thank you very very much, I'll check it out for sure:p

November 26, 2015