DIDI
Some of questions

I think about some events tonight for sigh So have some of questions.

1. We call green hat in my country which mean a man's wife cheat and run aways with anothe man.

An elder friend of mine, His wife cheat and run away with American guy. He got melancholia.

2. the wife is not beautifu in our view, I have seen many mixed couple like that.

Foreigners always choose not beautiful females that is different view with local people.

My questions is that

Is it so serious that you are cheatted in married relationship? why is like that?

Is there the same in your country that foreigners choose ugly person that is different with your view about beauty?

Nov 26, 2015 4:11 PM
Comments · 1

Hello,

Yes, Western and Chinese views of beauty are quite different. I guess there are similar differences for other cultures, but I don't know the specifics.

Here it's a compliment if you say someone is tanned; we don't care much about narrow faces; the 'double eyelid' thing we don't notice at all. Low weight and fair skin are important though. It's quite interesting, especially since it's 90% western men with asian girls and only 10% the reverse.

There might also be some attraction to anything 'exotic', which I think most people don't have, but perhaps it's prevalent among travelers.

As for cheating, it's definitely considered bad in the Netherlands, maybe even more so than in China but I'm not sure.

Personally I don't think it's bad to have ehm... 'fun', with other people if you're in a relationship, but that's not the typical view here. I do think it's very bad to lie to your partner or hurt their feelings, so cheating (which is without permission) is not okay.

(My experience is based on mainland China, if it's different in Taiwan you can let me know!)

November 26, 2015