Gilmar
Don`t be shy !

I`ve seen so many saying they really want to learn English but only about 1% of them are confident enough to start speaking to one another. Most of the English learners are afraid of using English in real situations mainly when it comes to a talk with native speakers. They stutter or sometimes even cannot speak a single phrase ...

Have it ever happened to you ?
Why do youn think it happen ?
How can we change that ?

Nov 29, 2015 4:27 AM
Comments · 2

Ego and fear of failure.
Speaking a language requires alot of humility. It's impossible to succeed without admitting you need help and must accept someone else constantly correcting your mistakes.

I think everybody has an image of themselves learning a language and fluently speaking it after a few weeks. Then they actually take classes, learn a few lessons, and realize: "This is going to be harder than I thought." Then, after some time learning the language, some try to speak and have conversation. Then they realize: "This is almost impossible, I sound like a complete fool. It's not working."
That's not a good feeling to experience over and over again.

You can't change these people. And encouraging them rarely works. If they are going to continue speaking and succeed, they need to muster up the self-motivation and self-determination. The balls in their court; they alone must make the choice to talk.

November 29, 2015
Self-confidence challenges even the strongest of us.  What I often tell my students is that if you're visiting a foreign county, the chances are that they'll appreciate your trying to speak their language.  Everyone makes mistakes!
November 29, 2015